Monday, April 04, 2011

NOLA

Well.... we return from NOLA. And along with that come stories...




My first attempt at Then and Now photography; a process where a photographer goes back to the same location to retake the photograph from the same perspective. With enough patience and practice I am sure you can get them to perfectly align.

Toulouse St.

St. Louis Cathedral

The Cabildo


Bourbon St.


Probably the most unique part of the event. There is something memorable about a voodoo priest getting possessed by ancient spirits.








8 comments:

Leslie Ann said...

Awesome pictures Sergey!!! They look great. I am very glad I made NOLA my first FT!!!

White Russian said...

Thanks for coming Leslie :)

Robert said...

The group shots are wonderful to have, but I also have to say that the "then to now" photos are striking, particularly the blended photograph of the house on Tolouse Street. I have not seen this seamless blending of photographs before. I would love to see more.

White Russian said...

Well Robert, you've come to right place. Perhaps a future blog...

Unknown said...

So, cool to really be in a Field Trip pic. But I'm a little bummed I wasn't able to be in the Jackson Square photo, but it was more important to spend time with the girlfriend since she helped me be able to do the EE Sunday afternoon.

The Then/Now photos are super. Gotta try that again the next time I'm in Quarter.

ShellSc said...

Awesome pictures. Looks like you and everyone else had a good time. maybe one day I can afford to go to a field trip.

Michelle said...

I had a fantastic time in NOLA with PRS and the new friends I met there. I will hopefully see you all again in Salem.
I really enjoyed the then and now photography session with you and would like to try that again. What program did you use to lay one photo over the other?

Aquaryan said...

Serg,

After tonight's webchat, the world needs more of your VLogs entries. My internet went down near the end of the chat.

Thanks for giving us a great chat, tonight!

Kyle